I would have to say if your company can afford it dedicated servers are preferable in
any situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neceda,Thomas W - LGCRP [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 3:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Other application/uses on DC's. Was: OT: Exchange 2000

That's how I feel, however, I've recently been asked about having the DC's perform
other uses, such as data storage (basically an I/O box for transfering data while
staging client systems). Does anyone have any real-world examples of why this should
not be done? Pointers to any documenation anywhere? Common sense tid-bits?

I've given my two cents about the issue, but perhaps I'm just being too sensitive to
the importance of just having a DC do DC work.

Thanks in advance.
twn