Not sure this is relevant at all, but ….

Have you set the homeDrive attribute?  If this is not set the path for homeDirectory should be local (e.g. C:\homedir).

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tim Hines
Sent:
Thursday, January 30, 2003 8:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Can %username% be used in ldifde files or a script?

I recently tested modifying users home directories with ldifde and via a vbscript.  In the homedirectory attribute I specified \\servername\share\%username%.  The import works but when I look a the home directory field for the user in AD U&C it does not show the variable as being resolved to the users name.  It still appears as \\servername\share\%username%.  If  I remove the last %, then add it back and hit apply, the name is instantly resolved.  Manually adding the path and hitting apply resolves the variable. Has anyone experienced this before? I can't figure out why the variable is not resolved if it was added with a script or ldifde file.

Tim Hines, MCSA, MCSE (2000 & NT4)
MVP - Active Directory

"If you catch a man a fish, he eats for a day.  If you teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"