Hi all, am having a wierd problem which is starting to drive me crazy..

I cannot get GPOs to refresh on a client using the usual:

secedit /refreshpolicy xxx_policy /enforce

The enforce only works if I do either of the following:

1. Update the policy - so the version number increments.
2. Delete the history entries from HKCU/HKLM.

If I do either of these, the policy refreshes as expected (with or without enforce) -
otherwise nothing.

I am not getting eventlog messages relating to cannot access history - have checked
the permissions.

I have enabled ful userenv debugging and can see the policy engines working - they
just don't seem to take any notice of the enforce...

Can anyone shed any light - or has anyone else seen similar?

Thanks,

Ben

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm