From:   Gil Kirkpatrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, February 14, 2003 5:22 PM
To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject:        RE: [ActiveDir] DNS Records

Bonjour Frederic,

The NETLOGON process on each DC republishes the DNS records periodically.
You have to set a reg entry on the DC to modify the priority. Set the
LdapSrvPriority reg value in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters on
the DC to the priority value you want.

FWIW, I wrote an article for Windows & .NET magazine about controlling SRV
rec publication that should be out in the April edition. It discusses this
and the other twenty or so reg settings you can fiddle with to control the
way clients locate DCs.

-gil

Gil Kirkpatrick
CTO, NetPro
Author of "Active Directory Programming" from MacMillan