From: Marc Zukerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Dual Administration of partially migrated NT 4 domains

Nel,

That is a bit broad to answer in a post. This is why consulting companies are in business. They are there to aid companies through the really complex migrations. You can check out Microsoft's site for a number of case studies:

They may answer some of your questions, although they tend to get "salesy".

The biggest advise I can give you right now is to clean up your current domains. Lose the dead weight: accounts, groups, mailboxes, etc. It will make your life significantly easier later. Also, solve namespace issues early. Same with naming conventions on objects. Set your requirements first and then design to your requirements.

If it looks to be too big a job, look for a partner. Find a consulting company that has done the work before in a similar vertical with similar issues to your company.

Good luck,

Marc Zukerman
Senior Network Engineer
Greenwich Technology Partners