Marc,

1. Yes, both locations are setup as separate sites

2. The DNS Event log on the DC in Office B reports 5509 events often, received an
invalid DNS update from 10.64.3.2 (Master in Office A) - packet rejected

3. No Directory Service Errors but there are numerous FRS errors showing issues with
replicating from Office A to Office B

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from PA-FILE-01
(Office A) to PA-FILE-02 (Office B) for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
PA-FILE-01.penncolor.com. FRS will keep retrying.
 Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

 [1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name PA-FILE-01.penncolor.com from this
computer.
 [2] FRS is not running on PA-FILE-01.penncolor.com.
 [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet
replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This warning as well:
The File Replication Service has enabled replication from PA-FILE-01 to PA-FILE-02 for
c:\winnt\sysvol\domain after repeated retries.

4. The DC's don't "act" bogged down while physically at them.  They're noticably
bogged down from the client end with regards to accessing resources.