Hello,
I have had a few users where I work reset their password and they didn't
reboot the computer and it locks them out after a while. I look at their
account and see 5 bad passwords (our GPO is set for 5) The strange thing
is I can unlock their account and they can get in to their mail, network
drive and other network resources and not show any bad passwords, but
after a few hours and sometimes not until the next day it will lock them
out with again.

I watch their authenticating domain controller for bad passwords after I
unlock them and I don't see any bad passwords, sometimes a few bad
passwords will show up after a few hours but I talk to the user and they
haven't done anything on the computer. And when they come in the next
day, they will be locked out with 5 bad passwords. It's not specific
with the company because I've had it happen to me on my home Win2K
domain. I finally solved my problem by resetting the password on the
Computer, not through the MMC and rebooting. The problem at work is if
the user resets their password they can't reset it for 5 days.

Any ideas or has anyone else encountered this, I've searched Microsoft
high and low and can't find anything specific.

Regards,
  Chuck

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm