>From the nslookup output, you clearly do not have your reverse lookup setup
correctly. This is OK, if you don't mind seeing the "errors" you reported in
nslookup. So, I would say, don't focus on this as the "CAUSE" of the REAL
problem.

The "DNS settings" file you posted is not helpful. You will need to post THE
DNS settings on the TCP/IP properties of the server you are trying to
promote. From the "DNS Settings" you posted, I can see that there is no
record for 172.16.0.20, which is one of the DNS servers your promo-candidate
is looking for. Also, I don't see any other address for any other server
besides 172.16.0.30. The promo-candidate is not even registered.

Another thing to look at is lmhosts config on the promo-candidate. Make sure
you look in the TCP/IP -> WINS properties and uncheck the "use lmhosts"
options.

All in all, I would say you are looking at misconfigured DNS issue here.

HTH

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com