Associate Expert

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Adner
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 11:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm interested in feedback on the following OU and GPO design.

Simple OU structure, something like:

|--Branches
        |--Users
        |--Computers

The "Users" OU would hold around 5000 users and the "Computers" OU an equal
amount of workstations and servers.

GPO's would be created for the users and linked to the OU, but only applied
to certain global groups that the users would be members of.  Similar for
the computers.  There would be an "All Users" and "All Computers" GPO with
global settings, then more granular GPO's for departmental specific
settings.

Almost all administration would be done centrally, so there should be little
need for delegation.

This seems like it should be simple and effective, but we haven't tried it
real-world, so I'm curious if people have any thoughts on possible gotcha's,
issues, etc.

--
David