I have built many W2K networks using SonicWall VPN to connect branch
offices (BO) to a central site. This has always worked very well.

One site continues to trouble me though. This site has a W2K+Sp3 server
that refuses to join the main AD domain. DNS & WINS on this server point
across the VPN to a server in the central site. I can ping and access
resources on the central site from the branch office - IP connectivity
appears good. I can run nslookup on the BO server and query for records
in DNS.

Is there something blindingly obvious that I'm missing here ? Maybe some
ISP/VPN related issue that would prevent a server in the BO from joining
the domain ?

Ian Moran
Konnexion Ltd

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm