We are doing some integration work allowing other platforms (unix) to authenticate
against Active Directory. We have succeeded in making this happen but are running into
testing challenges.

We would like to be able to write test scripts to verify that account and password
expiration logic is working correctly. For example we want to test that if you have a
policy that says you must change your password every 30 days and you last changed your
password 25 days ago, you should get a warning message saying that you have 5 days to
change your password.

The problem is that we can't seem to update the pwdLastSet attribute. How can the
value of this attribute be set? If it can not, does anyone have any ideas how to test
such expiration logic without spending days of wall clock time?

Thanks,

Rex