I assume you have reasons for not using a VPN or https or web dav.  Google for ftps, ftp-ssl and ftp-tls to see some options.

"Bryan Schlegel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/24/2003 11:26 AM
Please respond to ActiveDir

        To:        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        [ActiveDir] OT: FTP server

Anyone know of a good FTP server that uses PGP or some type of
encryption for passing traffic?  I was looking at just using the Windows
2000 IIS 5.0 FTP server, but apparently my manager promised a client of
ours some type of encrypted ftp server.  I know this is way off topic
here but, but my solution really needs to be low maintenance on the
administrative side.  Our environment is completely Windows 2000. The
box hasn't been added to the domain and it's on a DMZ separated from out
network.  If I had my way we'd be outsourcing this or making the client
do it.  I just thought someone might know of a good product that works
well with Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks for any advise and sorry for being so far in OT field.
- Bryan