From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Duncan, Larry
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 9:50 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] RIS and Windows Server 2003 Upgrades

Hello!

I've just read that "If your network uses RIS with Windows 2000 Server, you should make the RIS server the first computer that you upgrade to Windows Server 2003. You won't be able to use RIS later unless it is upgraded first because of design changes in the way that Active Directory performs authentication."

Can anyone elaborate on this? Particularly to what impact this has had on your Windows Server 2003 migration strategies and exactly what "design changes" caused such an silly mandate.