From: steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 10:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Trying to run DCPromo and getting error 5171

Update on my DNS problem and thanks to Rick! The problem was that I had "NO" to allow dynamic updates! Once I change this to "Yes" Everything worked like a champ! I was missing registration of the AD zones in DNS.

Can anybody think of anymore forks in the road I might run into with DNS? I'm setting up AD on 2 Compaq servers, which will share the FSMO roles?

Again, many thanks to Rick for pressing on and getting to the bottom of my issue!