From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rogers, Brian
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:55 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] what to do with DMZ servers

Have the exact same situation here.

We currently have a separate NT domain (for a security boundary) for our INET machines.  These machines exist on a DMZ...and run public internet sites that connect to a SQL backend inside our network.  An ISA server provides the firewall and proxy services.

Im currently having a fight with the operations staff on design.  They want to do the Empty Root/two subdomain model (because they read a lot of useless MOC Courseware books).

I can personally see very little benefit to consolidating these two separate domains into one forest.  They see no logic in having a separate forest/separate domain for the Internet systems.

Nothing short of a case study will sway them I believe....any decent documents comparing the two?  Or frankly..any documents that recommend a separate forest for your internet systems as a security boundary?