We created a separate forest in the DMZ, with no tie to our internal AD. The DMZ forest was originally deployed because we needed a MS cluster. While it does have it's negative points, one nice thing is easier account management. I know, separately named local accounts with different passwords on each server would be ideal, but it's something we could never realistically enforce between everyone who needs an account (which is a separate issue, but one no one cares to hear about atm.) The local account route would end up with people carrying passwords in their wallets, hidden under keyboards, etc.

But, as I mentioned, our DMZ forest is completely isolated from our internal forest and has greater security restrictions and such, so we tried to address as many concerns as we could.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm