> A better (read: more extensible) scheme would be create a single
> application object for each application you wish to secure, and use
> the ACLs on the objects to control access to the application. For
> instance, if the application is domain specific, you might put the
> application object in the CN=Program Data,DC=domain container. If it
> is an enterprise app, you might create a container somewhere under
> CN=Services,CN=Configuration,...

Good idea. But what 'type' should I make an application object to be ?
The choices appear to be :
Computer, Contact, User, InetOrgPerson, Query-based distribution Group, MSMQ
Queue Alias, Printer, User, Shared Folder etc...

> To check if someone has
> access to run the app, just have the app read the obejct. If the app
> can read the object, the user can run the app, otherwise not.

I'm trying to do this.
Also, is there a way to retrieve the username and password of the user
currently logged into an AD domain ? I ask this, because an app might need
this information in order to log into a database etc.

Thanks,
-Shshank

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm