couple of days ago I noticed some strange things in
our active directory:

there are two accounts, one user account and a machine
account, that are listed twice as members of domain users
respectively domain computers. I always believed this
was impossible under every circumstances, but this
proved me wrong. every tool I use, including MS's
'Active Directory Users and Computers' gives me
duplicate entries for the account membership lists as well
as for the group members lists. since I could not find
a way to reproduce this on another account, I suppose it
must have happened during migration from win nt 4.0.

so, does anyone else have experienced this phenomenon or
does anybody know the real reason for this?

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm