From: Chris Flesher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Monday, July 21, 2003 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Group Policy question

Let me give more info as to why I'm asking this question. The idea has been floated of putting all of our user accounts (>20,000) into one OU. Other OU's would exist, where groups would reside. Access would be give to 40-50 different OU admins to the primary User OU, and they would determine who they would put into their own groups. From there, GPO's would be applied to the OU's by the OU admin, with the GPO being applied to the group members (which everyone here says is impossible).

I have a headache just thinking of this because of having 40-50 people having access to all user accounts and trying to make sure they only touch what they are supposed to touch, etc. I'm supposed to find all possible reasons why not to do this. So, I ask questions.....

Chris Flesher

The University of Chicago

NSIT/DCS

1-773-834-8477