-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 2:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Duplicate group memberships

couple of days ago I noticed some strange things in
our active directory:

there are two accounts, one user account and a machine
account, that are listed twice as members of domain users respectively
domain computers. I always believed this was impossible under every
circumstances, but this proved me wrong. every tool I use, including
MS's 'Active Directory Users and Computers' gives me duplicate entries
for the account membership lists as well as for the group members lists.
since I could not find a way to reproduce this on another account, I
suppose it must have happened during migration from win nt 4.0.

so, does anyone else have experienced this phenomenon or
does anybody know the real reason for this?