I want to update the administrative installation on a network share so that
I can redepoly through my GPO the Office XP package with the updated files.

I followed Microsofts recommendation on how to update an admin share.

Msiexec /p [path\name of update MSP file] /a [path\name of MSI File]
SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE

What I was typing is was  the following

Msiexec /p c:\install\oxpsp2a\mainspff.msp /a
\\<servername>\officexp\proplus.msi <\\<servername>\officexp\proplus.msi>
SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE

I get an error right away saying the there are incorrect parameters.  Does
any one have any ideas, has anyone actually done this?

Justin A. Salandra, MCSE
Senior Network Engineer
Catholic Healthcare System
212.752.7300 - office