From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 1:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] The Truth Is Out There:

I am having some strange issues in a domain we have. One user in particular
has a laptop and he is unable to access his local server. I am able to ping
the server and it resolves name to IP. If I open the IP from a run command
it shows all shared folders and printers. If I however do the same to the
name of the server no shares or printers are prevalent, this includes the
FQDN. When looking at an IPCONFIG /all everything seems fine including
default gateway etc. I did release and renew his address and also for good
measure did a:

NBTSTAT -RR
IPCONFIG /flushdns
IPCONFIG /registerdns

All this was to no avail. I did notice that when I went through Network
Neighbourhood that it said his domain was inaccessible. I verified under AD
Users and Computers that his account was not locked out or anything. His Nic
parameters are also fine!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago users home drives were moved to another server and
this user didn't think it effected him but he had offline files set up. In
this instance I re-enabled the share and cut the ties gently so no rogue
elements existed under offline files and folders.

Any ideas would be grateful.

James