Actually VMWare or more likely Virtual Server are what we are *starting*
to look at for a DR system. Basically the idea is to have a couple of
nice sized Physical Servers running multiple virtual servers that are
domain controllers for all Domains in the Forest. Every night one of the
P-Servers shuts down all of the Virtuals and copies off the disk images
to some other location for backup to tape. The next night the other
P-Server does it.

The beauty of this solution is that physical hardware becomes a lot less
important for your DR site or your test lab (yes you could bring these
images back up in a *segragated* test lab for testing of your production
AD and data...). You simply load up your server and then install your
virtualization software and then fire up your images and you are off to
the races...

We actually just got the hardware in for this, which we will use to
develop the solution against the test environment and then once
comfortable with it will go prod with it.

Personally I think this is about the most flexible and safe DR solution
you can have. I am not one for restoring AD from system state dumps.