Can vouch for the Kiwi server. Works great, and even better its free.

G.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Free, Bob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 6:49 AM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Anonymous Logon

>Since I'll need a syslog server, I'd like one that will also work with the
logs on our Cisco
>devices?

Sorry on monitorware, but KIWI is a very popular free Win32 implementation
with folks in mixed MS/Cisco environments who just want to syslog, say
Windows, Cisco routers and PIX's.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/

There are some great papers at SANs to get you going-

http://www.sans.org/rr/catindex.php?cat_id=33

Case Study: Using Syslog in a Microsoft & Cisco Environment
Dan Rathbun,
June 27, 2003

A Security Analysis of System Event Logging with Syslog
Kenneth Nawyn,
June 27, 2003

Centralizing Event Logs on Windows 2000
Gregory Lalla, GSEC
April 4, 2003

Effective Logging & Use of the Kiwi Syslog Utility
Brian R. WilkinsCNE/ MCSE/ CCNP/ CISSP,
June 7, 2002

Importance of Understanding Logs from an Information Security Standpoint
Stewart Allen,
October 5, 2001

Cisco Pix: Logging and Beyond
Ben Carlsrud,