From: Contreras, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Reverse lookup zones

Ok, here's the environment

Company.com - Existing Bind 8.3

Company.net - new AD-Integrated DNS w/ secured dynamic update

Root server in Company.net will forward all non-authoritative queries to Company.com's BIND DNS server

A records will register in Company.net for win2k machines that get migrated into Company.net and new win2k DCs

The question-- reverse lookup zones exists on Bind.   I wanted to get a feel as to how fellow AD architects thought about reverse lookup zones in this scenario.  Leave them there on Bind and let win2k machines and DC's register ptr there(enable dynamic updates)...or move them to AD(on a per migration basis)....

TIA

RC