Title: RE: [ActiveDir] sysvol not replicating
I read the article, but there is currently 1.87 GB of free space on volume C, the pagefile is located on volume D. I just got Sonar installed and running. Maybe it will shed a brighter light on the problem. I've been up to my eyeballs in FRS documentation, but I haven't come up with a solution. I found the previous reference to null account in the ntfrsapi.log, but it was successfully resolved to ECPDC.
-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Kingslan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 01:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] sysvol not replicating

Cindy,

Be sure that you check the free space on the System Volume of the system that is experiencing the problem.  I was able to duplicate this exact problem in my lab tonight and just resolved the problem - at least for my cause / effect.

In essence, the USN Journal size is 512MB - and if there is not sufficient space, NTFRS will stop with the errors that we have been seeing - in effect the 13552 and 13555 errors in the NTFRS log.  What I had to do to resolve the problem was to free up sufficient space to allow the USN Journal to have room to work.  I then stopped and restarted the FRS service, and got four clean informationals - the final saying that it had established communication with my other DC and had successfully published the SYSVOL and it is now actively replicating with it.

Given standard practice of what many of us did for NT 4.0 servers and the %SYSTEMROOT% drive, it's not hard to imagine that after putting Windows 2000 and a healthy pagefile, that the drive is low on space - causing FRS to starve and fail.

I'd suggest taking a hard look at the system volume, and clean it up per the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819268

Good luck!

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory