Anyone had this problem:

We’re consistently getting a STOP 0x00000082 Error Message (and reboot) from Windows 2000 Explorer (SP3 & SP4) when we try to display security information on a DFS link, which also happens to be a Domain DFS root.

As an example, \\Test.net\Root1 is a domain DFS root, which has a number DFS links, one of which is Root2, which is mapped to \\Test.net\Root2, which is also a domain DFS root.

When we display \\test.net\Root1 in Explorer, right-click Root2, select Properties, and then click the Security tab, we get the STOP message and the system reboots.

This doesn’t happen with XP, only Windows 2000 Server and Professional.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Bruce Hansen