-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of roseta
Sent: 22 September 2003 09:48
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] how to delete these domains

dear friends,

We have several computers and made a domain with W2000 and they were working perfectly.

I decided to create another domain with in same forest so here is what I did.

my server 2000 was in first domain. I got out of that domain an created a workgroup. joined it. so there was one server 2000 in one workgroup. then In active directory wizard I said that I want to be a domain controller of a new domain. and it went on. when it reached the step creating trust relation ship with new domain, it did not finish. The pen was writing but nothing happened even my clock stopped working I waited about 10 hours. but it was just the same.I restarted the computer.

now there is name of that domain but there is no domain controller. my computer is in that domain. but is not the DC. If I run active directory wizard for new domain it says it is there. and if for an existing domain, it says it can not be found.

I did this twice with different names and I had the same problem.

Please me me in removing it at least.

Any suggestion is much appriciated.

thanks in advance.

Best Regards,