According to Robbie Allen's cook book, you could be experiencing Kerberos UDP fragmentation.  You should really test your network connectivity, run portqry against your domain controllers testing ports 88, 389, 3268.  Check your DNS make sure your GC's are published correctly.  And as mentioned, run the netdiag remotely, and DCDIAG.  I am also a big fan of Netpro's directory Troubleshooter for assisting some of this solutions since knowing all the various ways to run the tools is pretty tedious unless you have Robbie's book handy.

Just my 2 cents.

Toddler

-----Original Message-----
From: George Arezina [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Thursday, October 02, 2003 5:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Logon Takes too Long!

Hi people,

Has anyone had logon problems with Windows 2003 server with AD installed? I have a test environment with Windows 2003 servers and Windows XP Pro workstations, no W2K/NT servers or workstations. After installing AD, users are taking around 20 minutes to logon to the domain. I have raised the domain and forest levels to 2003. Can anyone give me some suggestions or ideas?

Regards,

George

George Arezina

BA, A+, Net+, MCSE 2000