From: Raymond McClinnis
Sent: Wed 10/15/2003 2:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Lock-outs after only one attempt...

One of these days I’ll learn how to proof read for coherency J…  I just read what I sent, doesn’t make much sense.

Windows 2K Domain, Majority of Clients is Windows 2K.

Attempts is set <=5,(for obvious reasons I don’t want to say the exact #)

Joe: I thought best practices were to have it set to less than 5?  At least that’s what I remember hearing from our auditors…   I’ll give anything a try to keep this from happening though, just takes it happening to your boss one time before you have to dedicate a whole day on attempting to fix it. J

Next time I hear it reported I’ll use EventCombMT to get more forensic data.  I know I did it once before, and was discouraged quickly by my findings.

I’ll post more when I get a call (probably later today) Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Thanks,

Raymond