People,

Thanks for reading this in advance.  I have a Forest Trust that failed as
the DC in one Forest crashed and needed to be rebuilt.  There was no BDC as
the Forest was moderately insignificant and only hosted two servers which
were multi-homed and could still be seen cross forest.  However, after the
Trust was set initially, on my primary Domain, I now had a third logon
option, Local Machine, Primary Domain and NewlyCreatedForestTrustDomain.
The problem is that now with that third Domain Controller being rebuilt and
hosting a different Domain name, My Primary Domain Users still see the Old
NewlyCreatedForestTrustDomain name at login and not the new one.  As
expected, you can't log in to the old one as it says "I can't find the DC".

I have run MS's KB 216498 to clean up the Metadata but my AD still shows the
old Trust in Domains and Trusts and it won't let me delete it as the remove
button is greyed out when you highlight the dead Domain.

Would anyone know how to clean this up and get the new Domain back in the
login box?

Again, Thanks.

Rocky Habeeb
Microsoft Systems Administrator