From: Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 28 October 2003 13:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] [OT] Alert when trying to force replication
across sites

In my testing, forcing it still forces it even though that error pops. I
have a little tool (adqueueloop) that will display the replication queue
in near real time and doing that force always throws something into the
replication queue. I was actually quite surprised to see that when
working with the Product team on the AD FAQ a while back and I was
testing it.

There may be some reason MS put that message up there that I have never
configured on my machines or possibly they want to cover against the
possibility that maybe the sites are out of touch except for during the
scheduled windows say you have network windows that open up at certain
times. In that case the queued request would sit in the queue until it
could be completed.

joe

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Oliver Marshall Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:10 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm trying to fix an error with the pony DHCP server in windows, but in
the section of the "detailed" instructions from the MS site, im getting
an odd alert.

I am trying to force replication from one branch office to another. The
schedule is once every two hours, and I cant be arsed to wait. The error
says that;

"one or more of these active directory connections are between domain
controllers in different sites and cannot be replicated immediately.
Active Directory will replicate these connections at the next
opportunity"

...which is nice.

Now, the chances are that the replication will happen anyway before I
can work out the cause of this alert box, but im still interested in
knowing why I cant force a replication across sites. I tried it between
two AD servers within the same site, and it works fine.

Any ideas ?

Olly

--

Al Lilianstrom