Title: Message
I realized I goofed on that when I typed it earlier.  I responded back right after that with the corrected line.  My batch file does use complete paths.  I've given up already and am using psexec to do it instead.

Thanks for all the help
Mike

From: Steve Rochford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Using InstallShield in a Startup Script

I'd agree with your 3) below - the reference to z:\ will fail because you've done nothing to map that drive. As douglas said, you need to use full paths -

c:\temp\v5r2\setup -s -f1\\server\iseries\v5r2.iss -f2c:\v5r2.log -SMS
or
c:\temp\v5r2\setup -s -f1c:\temp\v5r2.iss -f2c:\v5r2.log -SMS

should work.

I think the admin rights is irrelevant here - the startup script is running as local system - but the other thing to look out for is that "domain computers" must have read access to the folder \\server\iseries.

Steve