From: Richard Sumilang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 28 November 2003 1:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Windows 2000 Server Down

Heres my story...

One of my users gave me a call because they could not VPN to the
server. My first assumption was that there account might have gotten
locked out because maybe they tried to log in too many times with a
wrong password so I took a look at my Active Directory Users and
Computers snap in and there was nothing in there! I mean absolutely
nothing! No tree on the left column and no data on the right column.

I then took a look at the Remote routing management service and that
service was shut down. I tried to start it back up but I got an error.
Another thing I noticed was the DHCP service was down. I tried to start
that up but also got an error that it will not start up.

Lastly I didn't know what to do so I restarted the server but after I
typed in the admin user name and password and it got to the point of
applying personal settings and it will not go past that part. The blue
scrolling thing was still scrolling but did not move past that after 20
minutes. I was able to restart the computer into safe mode but don't
know how to resolve this issue. I would appreciate any help and
suggestions.

Thank You,
- Richard S.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm