From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jorge de Almeida Pinto
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 5:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remote time sync of DC

Hi Joe, Roger,

Sorry for not replying earlier. We have been arranging some things because we are in the proces of buying a house.

To answer your questions and give you an understanding about the matter, why I wanted to synchronize the time of the DCs remotely.
At the moment I'm developing Forest Recovery procedures including multiple domains. It is one of the steps in the procedure. Because of an eventual time skew that can occur (I experienced this in a test environment) I want to force a time sync accross ALL DCs (executed remotely) just to be sure that all DCs are in sync with one DC (the PDC emulator in the forest root domain)
The option of using AT to schedule a "NET TIME \\SERVER /set" sounds OK to me

Regards,
Jorge