Hello All,

I'm revising our global site design, to further reduce DCs and get more
efficient use of bandwidth.  I'm finding that we have a number of physical
sites that do not necessarily have enough users to constitute a DC and who
also have high-speed connections to multiple other locations that do need
and have DCs.

I know that the bulk of design documentation says to create a site only if
there will be a DC located at that location, but what about to control
logon traffic?  Having a site defined in AD for the respective subnets
would allow me to setup costs and correspondingly control where these
locations would attempt to authenticate as well as better controlling
DFS...etc.

Since I haven't run across any best practice documentation noting this
scenario, I was wondering if there are others on this list who have come
pondered or actually done this.

Any nfo or general recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Jones, Senior SE
Intel Server Group
(W) 336.424.3084
(M) 336.457.2591