Title: Message

It’s possible I’ve seen this behavior because I’m doing something wrong, but I think it might be a bug?  Anyway, whenever I’ve set up DNS separately from DCPROMO, set up my forward and reverse zones, then pointed my soon-to-be DC at it and run DCPROMO, it tells me the DNS could not be found or does not accept dynamic registrations.  So when I go back onto the DNS to check what I did wrong, I find that I have to go into the SOA record and add the domain name (to make it a FQDN and not just a host name).  Voila, it works.  So the question is, if the SOA is created automatically, and it knows the domain name (because it is the SOA record for that domain’s zone, duh!), shouldn’t it write the FQDN there or assume if the domain suffix is not specified that it should tack on it’s own domain name just like it does for any of the other records?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Rich

-------APPLEBEE'S INTERNATIONAL, INC. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE------- PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message or any attachments. This information is strictly confidential and may be subject to attorney-client privilege. This message is intended only for the use of the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this in error, you should kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately destroy this message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law. Applebee's International, Inc. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to and from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Applebee's International, Inc. e-mail system.