>>Will there be any problems in demoting all but dc01?
I am inferring from this that you are on a Win2K domain :). I would say leaving ONLY dc01 is not a "good thing" for Single Point of Failure reasons. However, you can "do it", although I recommend that you leave 2 DCs. To answer your question directly, unless DC01 has all the FSMO roles AND is a Global Catalog, yes there could be tons of troubles. The saving grace is that IF you properly demote the rest of the DCs, the roles will eventually get dumped on the last standing DC (dc01 in your case). Just to be sure that this is the case, though, you want to read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255690 and be sure that you manually transfer the roles to dc01 before you start your demotion exercise.

As for the GC, you want to be sure that the last standing DC(s) is (are) Global Catalog(s), otherwise things WILL break.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
www.akomolafe.com
www.iyaburo.com
Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday?  -anon