Hi Everyone,

While continuing with my "evil" tests.... ;-)) I'm trying to figure
something out.

To summarize:
Site links connect sites for replication
Connection objects connect DCs for replication
Replication links connect naming contexts for replication

The first two are stored in the configuration container and it is possible
to view/manipulate these with DSSITE.MSC and ADSIEDIT.MSC.

Does someone know where replication links are stored and how to
view/manipulate these in the directory.

Why this question? For those who remember, a while ago a was testing with
the W2K3 REPADMIN /unhost option to remove a naming context from a GC. The
situation I experience sometimes (for now only on W2K SP3) is that I'm able
to remove a certain naming context from the global catalog without problems.
The event viewer presents me the IDs I expect.
However on the same GC when I try to remove another naming context I receive
the following error:

DsReplicaDel LOCAL_ONLY() failed with status 8450 (0x2102):
The naming context cannot be removed because it is replicated to another
server

(In REPLMON I can see that the GC has replication links for the particular
naming context.)

This results in not being able to remove the naming context from the GC as
expected. At the moment the DC/GC is running W2K SP3 and the command is
executed from a WXP SP1 computer

Does someone know how to continue troubleshooting this, as I cannot
determine how to continue? (I have been looking at my screen for an hour now
and I cannot come up with something... ;-(( )(I hate when this happens!
*^%&*%&*^*&[EMAIL PROTECTED]@ )

Hope you guys can help me!

Regards,

Jorge

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm