I am in process of configuring trusts between a 2003 forest and
2000 forest through a firewall .
Scenario: 2003 forest single domain
               2000 forest empty root, 8 child domains

Question: Do I need to open ports 135,137 and 445 from EVERY
server in both domains or just say the pdc's? I have successfully
created trusts between 2003 domain and 2000 root domain and 1
child domain. The 2003 domain has only 2 dc's and both 2000 root
domain and the 1child domain have 3 dc's each, this was easy
enough to create firewall rule specifing ports from all servers
being there is only 8. Is this correct or overkill? Reason I am
asking is some of the other domains have upwards of 50-60 dc's. I
do not want to ask my WAN guys to create these rules unless it is
absolutely necessary.

If I do only need rules for pdc's would it be wise to add 2nd dc
to rule in case pdc goes down? Would that break trust?

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for the personal
and confidential use of the sender and recipient (s) named above. This message
may include advisory, consultative and/or deliberative material and, as such,
would be privileged and confidential and not a public document. Any Information
in this e-mail identifying a client of the department of Human Services is
confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not review,
transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any
attachments to it and you must delete this message. You are requested to notify
the sender by return e-mail.
begin:vcard
n:Shukovsky;John
tel;cell:609-226-7553
tel;work:609-292-5921
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NJDHS-Office of Information Systems;Windows Networking Services Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:System Engineer
fn:John Shukovsky Jr