Robert,

This can be done with the password filter DLL installed on DCs.  It
requires either programming (be very very careful!  mistakes in this DLL
will crash your DC's operating system), or a product that looks after
password management in general, and password policy enforcement in
particular (same technology, somebody else has already done the QA).

If you are interested in pursuing the product route, please visit
http://psynch.com/.

Good luck!

-- Idan

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm