From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remote Desktop

i have a question here:

unless something has changed, domain admins should be populated in the
local administrators group when you join the domain.......so, by default
they should have remote access rights.

there are ways to block this with policy, and the most obvious one would be
to use restricted groups on the local administrators group, without putting
in domain admins. that could be pretty dangerous, although, a custom global
group could be populated in there for the rights.

but if everything is on the defaults, it should just be working on its own.

what am i missing here?

thanks

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Seyboldt, Volker"     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           >                      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/24/2004 02:29 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: [ActiveDir] Remote Desktop

yes you can
You can use restricted groups in group policies to add any group you want
to the local "Remote Desktop Users" at each PC.
Members (Users and/or groups) of the PC's local ADministrator group are
also automatically allowed to connect remotly....