Unfortunately no, no way to test in an isolated way like that without
bringing at least the root with you and probably any other domains.

I guess you need to find out how important this is. If it is truly critical
to know this will work in a disaster you need to do one of two things.

1. Get the folks with the Enterprise keys involved and do overall testing of
the whole solution.
2. Build your own forest and migrate to it and then set up trusts to the
other forest/domains that are needed.

I'm thinking honestly that the second answer is probably the right one
UNLESS the company is trying to collapse to a single IT group in which the
first option would be feasible.

  joe

http://www.joeware.net <http://www.joeware.net/>    (download joeware)
http://www.cafeshops.com/joewarenet  (wear joeware)