From: Michael Wassell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 1:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Server-side address list < Public folder

I'm not sure if this is possible or not.  I can't seem to find any reference of it anywhere.

Would anyone care to enlighten me on if it is possible to populate an address list stored server-side (similar to GAL) using an LDAP query to query the contents of a public folder?  I know that it is possible to add a public folder to each individual outlook config by opening Properties (of folder) > Outlook Address Book > Show this folder...

But, I am wondering if is possible to remove that process and have it stored on server so users can simply address an email and choose the correct contact from their Outlook without manually adding the folder to their AB's.

I have played around with it a little bit and I have been able to limit an LDAP query within Exchange to return only the folder that contains the contacts, but have yet to be able to return the contacts stored within that folder.

TIA