Downlevel clients (win9x/nt) do not support NTLMV2 authentication unless
you install the "Active Directory Client Extensions for Windows 95/98
and Windows NT 4.0" on the client machines.

NTLMV2 is not turned on by default on Windows 2000, but maybe Windows
2003 turns it on automatically?

If so, you can download the AD Client Extensions from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/adextension.asp

HTH,
-Mike

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm