Thanks for the quick response.  That's the route that I wanted to take.
Happy to see a second on the opinion.

Thanks again...executing plan now.

Eric Jones, Senior SE
Intel Server Group
(W) 336.424.3084
(M) 336.457.2591
www.vfc.com

             "Coleman, Hunter"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             t.us>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             ail.activedir.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/16/2004 11:26          RE: [ActiveDir] W2k3 AD DC DR -
             AM                        Need Immediate Help/Advice

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                tivedir.org

 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=216498&product=nts40

Make sure you clean out all references to the dead DC before promoing a new
DC with the same name. If you're down to a single DC for the domain, you
might want to consider bringing up another temporary DC with a different
name until you get the cleanup done and have a chance to verify that all
references to the old DC are gone. When that's done and the dust has
settled, you can dcpromo the temporary DC back down.

Hunter