This thread has gotten my interest.  We had IBM in here a couple of years ago talking
about their LDAP and that Active Directory was inferior because of it's implementation
of the InetOrgUser class instead of InetOrgPerson.  We stopped them when we mentioned
our intention of going with .NET (was RC2 at the time) and that their implementation
of InetOrgPerson appeared to be as compliant as anyone else's implementation.

However, I've heard very little about InetOrgPerson since then.  In fact, we had a
training in-house late last year to train some of our staff and he stated that he's
never heard of anyone using or wanting to use InetOrgPerson.  I told him that I've
been recommending that we need to implement AD using InetOrgPerson instead of User.
My concern is compatibility with other organizations (we will be in acquisition mode
in a year or so) as well as compatibility with enterprise LDAP directories (we're in
need of something that will cover multiple platforms).

I would appreciate it if you could comment, offline if you want, as to why you are
seeking to migrate to InetOrgPerson or whether you chose InetOrgPerson at the outset
for your implementation.  I'm curious about the degree of adoption.  I'm running in to
a great deal of resistance regarding InetOrgPerson here and am concerned that we would
end up looking at a migration very shortly after our migration.

Thanks,
Mike

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm