OK, thanks Guido. That helps a lot. Back to the lab!

<mc>

-----Original Message-----
From: Grillenmeier, Guido [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:50 PM
To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] enterprise-wide accounts

you can only change the groups on those machines, to which the GPOs apply.  If you apply a restricted groups GPO to an OU and try to add members to the Ent.Admin. group, you'll fail, as this group is maintained by the root DCs only.  And I would never advise you to use the restricted groups policy on your DCs themselves - it's definitely geared to be used for members/clients of a domain.

Even though you can't browse the groups of the member-machines, you can just type their names (which is ugly in an multi-language environment...).

When using the MemberOf option, you'd e.g. add the "<forestroot>\Enterprise Admins" group to the restricted groups list and then add the names of the local machine-group, i.e. "Administrators" to the MemberOf tab => this will ensure, that the Enterprise Admins are members of the Adminsitrators group on every machine in that OU. At the same time, the other members of the Adminstrators group remain in this group as well.

/Guido