From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mulnick, Al
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 12:45 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Active Directory and Bastion Hosts

I agree with Roger on that.  Active Directory *can* be used, hardened etc. (see the nsa docs for hardening guides as well as the Microsoft stuff on the subject). But why? Why do you need the overhead of Active Directory as a bastion host?  Answer that question and you can decide if it fits.  Couple that with the questions at the bottom of Roger's email and you can see a decision pattern.

My preference is to not use it in that environment unless I need something from it I can't get elsewhere.  I can get the directory service in ADAM but there are other pieces of Active Directory I may also need for some applications.

Al