From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Harvey
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 3:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Reccomendations Please

Hello All

This may be off topic so please forgive me if it is but I thought I might get some usefull suggestions from the other list members.

Due to a serious shortfall in staffing and increasingly complexity and growth my challenge is to find something we can use in a Windows 2000 AD domain to do some remote monitoring of servers for the basics like disk space, memory and the like (basic system checks and monitoring, nothing too deep just the facts and that’s it really) and if it did event traps it would also be usefull but not neccesary, we are dealing with 140 sites and some 300 servers but would be looking at something that handled a core of 50 servers to start.  We really do not know where to start and being completely honest we just don’t have the time and staff to dig into this, patch management is eating us alive as it is so ANY suggestions anyone can give us or reccomendations would be great.

Oh and if anyone knows anything which is freeware or low cost that would be even better, as usual the need is now and the budget is nil as usual.  So suggestions please all would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance all.

John Harvey
Network Administrator
Brisbane Catholic Education
Phone +61 7 3840 0588
Mobile +61 0418 189 689
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail (including all attachments) is intended solely for the
named addressee/s and may contain confidential information. If you
have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete
it from your computer system and destroy any copies.

This e-mail is subject to copyright. Any unauthorised disclosure,
modification or distribution is expressly prohibited.

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed in this e-mail do
not necessarily represent the official position or opinions of
Brisbane Catholic Education.

Brisbane Catholic Education gives no warranties that this e-mail is
free from computer viruses or other defects. Except for
responsibilities implied by law that cannot be excluded, Brisbane
Catholic Education, its employees and agents will not be responsible
for any loss, damage or consequence arising from this e-mail.